Many years ago, Mr. Silas Gibson of Alberta, Canada joined with the Wrights, Ogelsbys, Rogers and other settlers near the intersection of present-day Beal Parkway and Racetrack Road. In 1959, A.A. Patrick and his wife Dorothy recorded a warranty deed for the Patrick Subdivision and certain recorded lots were designated for a small shopping center.
The original center soon developed and the Wright area had a grocery store, restaurant, beauty shop and rental space housing about 14,000 square feet. By 1961, Jack and Catherine Prince opened their Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store in the shopping center and purchased the center soon after.
Today, the shops at Wright Plaza are home to 17 tenants with over 53,000 square feet of shopping area for the Wright community. Future sites are available for Professional, Office and Retail up to 20,000 sq ft.